Thursday, November 29, 2012

The People' s Republic of Capitalism Continued


Recently, I missed one of Mr. Schick’s Human Geography classes because I had an orthodontist appointment. I hate going to the orthodontist but this time I went I got my braces off so it was not as bad this time as it usually is. Anyway, I was back in class today and we continued to watch movie or documentary on Capitalism. The video is called the People’s Republic of Capitalism. As the movie went on, the term of interdependence came up during the video. American workers were being laid off because companies decided that they needed to save money so they moved their production over to a growing, manufacturing city in China called Chongqing where the Chinese would work as hard as American workers but they would also do it for a smaller amount of money than the American workers. Of course, this made many Americans jobless and angry. One spoke out about it however the odd thing about this was that she admits to still shopping at this store, which was Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment